Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Let the games begin, Late Tuesday notes

Quickies:
And... We're off on the 2008 season, as the A's coughed it up in Japan, and lost to the Red Sox in extra innings ... Meanwhile, the Yankees continue to tune-up for the season, fell to the Indians 7-5 in Florida ... Ian Kennedy worked through some problems in three and two-thirds innings. "He battled without his best stuff," manager Joe Girardi said ... IPK was named the fifth starter ... Girardi said the Andy Pettitte will miss his first scheduled start of the regular season on April 2 against the Blue Jays, because of his back ... He looks to be starting the third or fourth game.

----

Pettitte had this to say about his side session today, “I still feel it a little bit, but it feels a lot better than it did yesterday,” Pettitte said. “Definitely feel like I could get out over my front side a little bit more. The good thing today is that I felt like it loosened up as I threw. I threw a little bit harder today. I definitely feel like it’s progressing. That’s a positive.”

----

I'm so done on the PED's and who did them or who didn't, just go away Jose Canseco.

----

Peter Abraham of the LoHud Yankees blog, and what appears to be the starting rotation for the regular season.

Wang
Mussina
Pettitte or Hughes
Pettitte or Hughes
Kennedy

No comments: